Monday 28 June 2021

Unsuitable 3

I itched to text him. It was 8 hours later, we were heading to dinner and no text or call from him. I was disappointed I didn’t want to initiate. I confided in shouq, the one closest to me in our group and she gave me her blessing. “ girl you’re lucky that guy is unattainable, I know this friend of a friend who tried and got rejected and I heard that he jilted his one true love right after promising to marry her.. be careful or be smart, don’t get attach to him, enjoy him and then leave him “

The only problem is that I love a challenge and the second problem is that I hardly ever like someone this much. I don’t know what it was that drew me to him beside his looks. 

“ he didn’t text, should I?” i finally asked my friend 

“ please do, you’ve been distracted throughout dinner, you barely ate a thing, kesarti kha6ri” 

“ oh shut up, I’m just so full from breakfast” I lied

And I did.

“ hello :)” I sent
No answer. Until 3 am when I was in bed unable to sleep. 
“ halla walla “

“ you’re awake..” I texted  barely a minute later. Loser. 

“ ee wallah ..enti shemga3dich?”

“ had too much caffeine “

“ bil 3afya , can you call?”
Sure!! “ yes” 

And then he called me and I almost swooned. I loved his voice, it’s too rough and his accent was just like my late grandfather’s , I adored it, he belonged in a different time.. in the sixties I thought. And said something about it and he laughed ,he told me that he was close to his grandfather and that he always corrected his speech that what made him sound so ancient . And what surprised me the most was that he was so old fashioned. I thought he was too fancy but deep down he wasn’t .. he preferred wearing a dishdasha over the clothes (that didn’t fit) earlier he said that he lived his life abroad because of his work but he longed to settle in kuwait and I loved that. He was perfect. 

“ ma a7ib atkalam englaizi” he says to me and I laughed because I do a lot. I can’t help it.

“ btw your freckles are very attractive” he said. 

“ m-my freckles?” i hated them so much!!!! 

“ yes the other day. You were beautiful”

“ laa I was tried I usually look better please don’t judge haha”

“ you looked pretty amazing” 

Omg I’m dying inside… he thought I looked amazing 
“ thank you” my heart was pounding and no idea why I felt like tearing up. 

And then he had to go and I was leaving the next day. 

“ ra7 arja3 el kuwait 7g shahar, we’ll meet enshallah, if you need anything let me know”

I went back home , back to my normal non glamurous routine. Work, gym, the ocassional coffee outing and chalet in the weekends. In the beginning he barely ever texted and I stopped trying. 

But one day he called me before bedtime out of nowhere after 2 weeks of nothing and I picked up, because I couldn’t not to..

“ hala zeina” 
“ hala Musaed” my face was hot. 
“ how are you , ma agdr a6awil 3lech but can you have coffee with me tomorrow?”
“ yes” my voice was shaking. 

“ great, I’ve to go..sweet dreams” 

No comments: