Monday 28 June 2021

Unsuitable 2

We locked eyes …and boy was it scorching .. his eyes were so black and so serious , he reminded me of someone.. a movie star maybe, I couldn’t recall , my heart was pounding so hard, the piece of bread stuck in my throat. 

And then it was over. He looked away, leaving me bereft. Was this real? Was I turned on? Was this pure lust? I could feel a bead of sweat trickling down my back. Ew. 
“ Musaed , pass the salt” oh what a beautiful name. 

“ Muased and zeina” I try the names together in my head

“Zayon, what’s the name of that diet watchers company? Tharori rejeem b3d el safra” my friend says

“ hmm? Um ee I’ll instagram it to you”

“ shoug , 9 o’clock the guy in white” sarah my other friend whispers “ he’s staring”

I gulp. He is. 
“ so um tell me about him”
“ he’s mysterious elsaraha bes I know that he’s rarely ever in kuwait he manages his businesses in new york , mashallah multi millionaire, he’s 35, hmm what else eeh ma ya36i waih so don’t try”

“ shabi feh bes legafa” I lied “ so laish only foreign girls?” 

“ ymkn ma e7ib local girls”

“ 7aselaaah” shoug chimes in 

i laugh 

We finish dinner and the music gets louder and the whole place goes dim and lovely. I want to dance , I need to move..

So I start to sway a little in my seat and then I get up and move my hips and suddenly I’m putting on a show while my friends clap and cheer , all the while mr sexy staring and smokes his cigar and smokes and smokes ..

I’m all sweaty and giddy , I reach for a glass of sparkling water , and look at Musaed, he’s whispering in the woman’s ear. Ok , Maybe I imagined the whole staring contest thing. Screw him.

It was past 2 Am , I was exhausted, my Gianvito Rossi heels were killing me and I needed to lie down“ ha mishaina?”

“ yalla , ma a7ib as’har ziada , 3ashan engom early bachir “ my friend says. 

So we leave the restaurant and Musaed behind. 
….
I don’t see him after that for the next 3 days. On the 4th day a miracle happens.. my toilet stops working and I go down to talk to the reception about it, I look my absolute worst , very pale ( I have iron deficiency) and I was in my horrendous lounge wear ( a worn out pale gray cotton set with a matching robe) 

I was in a heated argument with the receptionist for being a complete asshole about the whole toilet situation when I hear him. 

“ law samahti , 3afwan.. you can use my bathroom” 

Omg. What? Omg .. 

“ oh laa laa 3adi enshallah esal7ona, wai fashla” I giggle nervously , cringeing so hard on the inside. Omg zeina you disgusting thing. If there was a chance of him ever wanting me this was the end of it. 

“ I’m serious you and your friend can use it, afa bs” 

I end up actually using his bathroom and holy shit he appearantly resides in the presidential suite. So fancy , I want to shower in his bathroom..

So I thank him and say goodbye forefever. 

But the universe had other plans …

“ that was quite the performance last night’”
Omg. Really???? 

I laugh “ thank you” 

“ extraordinary “

Omg he thinks I’m extraordinary 

“ here’s my business card, if you need anything” 
Oh. “ text me, I suddenly say” I was being slutty, too forward.. but there wasn’t time to play hard to get, we’re leaving in a couple of days. 

He smiles. And his whole face lights up.. he was gorgeous, softer when he smiled, his face almost boyish. 

“ i will” he says and hands me his phone to write down my number. 

My hands shaking, I carefully type my number and hands him back the phone. 

Omg omg it’s done!! 






No comments: